Wednesday 9 July 2008

Nature vs. nurture

It would appear there is still heavy debate around the question of whether nature, nurture, or some sort of mixture, forms the foundation of human nature. Even though theoretical and empirical progress has been made (that the respective sides maintain their right to ignore on ideological basis), I myself is not clever enough to stand firmly on any conclusion. But I lean towards ”some sort of mixture,” particularly the ”some sort”-bit. However, I can take the time to resolve a far more important issue. In the following, I will outline all the important ethical implications that would follow if we should turn out to be products of nature or nurture, respectively:


























































And with that said, I wish my readers a happy summer or winter, depending on which hemisphere they are in, and of course each according to their nature.

No comments: